Monday, January 23, 2017

Welcome to Bridal Mondays!

Hello brides, welcome to my first official Bridal Monday blog. Many of you have been following my tips through my personal facebook page or have hired me to be your bridal assistant. For those who do not know me or of my experience with brides, I figured why not tell you a little of my experiences. My journey into the world of bridal began through fashion. I have ten years of experience in the retail world, helping every day ladies find how to express themselves through what they wear. It all begins by looking at yourself in the mirror and accepting the skin that you are in, accepting what a strong woman you are, and how you want to showcase yourself. My clients would range from women needed help creating outfits for interviews and business trips, to changing entire wardrobes, and help planning outfits for vacations and honeymoons. Until one day, a long time client got engaged and asked me to tag along in her wedding dress shopping. At the time I was taking a break from what I like to call "mall retail" and was searching for my next adventure. Talk about being overwhelmed! And I wasn't even the bride! Seeing her pushed into a fitting room, dresses thrown at her by the retail assistant, family members, and friends, all I could think of what how do I save her! There has to be a better way. And this girl had read every bridal magazine out there in 48 hours, looked like she had done her homework with her little binder of pictures, but no one was listening to her or helping her. Two weeks later I got a call from the store that I had ordered my maid of honor dress for another wedding, and I went to pick it up. Buying that dress was completely different, since I barely got any help from the associate. I assumed that since I wasn't the bride, I (along with the associate assigned to help me) wouldn't need help. That day, as fate would have it, I walked away with my maid of honor dress and a job offer! And all after complaining about my experience! I went from dressing women for everyday events to dressing them for the most important day of their lives! For three years, I had the wonderful experience of working with an average of four brides a day helping them find their dress, coordinate colors, dress their bridal party, and even go to their weddings. I also had the wonderful opportunity to participate in bridal shows and for some wonderful brides, earn their trust and coordinate their entire wedding. Maternity came to my life and I chose to stay home and raise our daughter Genoveva. But I missed my brides, I missed my fashion ladies. Through this forum, I can reconnect with you all, still offer you bridal guidance and aid! So every Monday, I will give you tales and tips on how to get the wedding dress without being overwhelmed, how to plan you wedding without breaking your bank, and how to keep up with the wedding etiquette of the times! Thank you for allowing me to enter your bridal planning through this medium. Let's start planning! Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment